The mortuary was established in 1919 as Holmes Mortuary. In 1930 Charles Culbertson and John Downing bought the mortuary as partners. The partnership didn’t last long leaving Mr. Culbertson as the sole owner. In 1960 Lee Roy Haynes purchased an interest in the mortuary with Mr. Culbertson to make expansions and improvement on the building. Shortly after, Mr. Culbertson died in a car accident in California. In 1984, Mr. Haynes sold Culbertson Mortuary to Bill and Reba Smith, and the name was changed to Culbertson-Smith Mortuary.
Address: 115 South Seneca Wichita Kansas 67213
Nearby Cemetery: Adorers of The Blood of Christ Convent Cemetery
In Business Since: 1984
National Funeral Directors Association: Member
Cremation Association of North America: Member
Professional Memberships: Kansas Funeral Directors Association